Our small business is face-to-face with people every day and the health of our community is paramount during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) global health crisis. We are taking a number of proactive and precautionary measures to further maintain a sanitary and hygienic environment to ensure business continuity during this period of heightened cautiousness.
Coronavirus update: It is important to note, we have had no COVID-19 cases or symptoms within our network of staff and members. We are following advice from the World Health Organisation and NSW Health in order to protect anyone visiting our facility.
What are we doing?
As you may already know, we have always maintained an exceptionally high level of cleanliness and hygiene. Our semi-private and access controlled environment restricts attendee numbers that adhere to social distance guidelines. We strictly follow best practices within the fitness/service industry, which is reflected in all of our current members maintaining their membership status during this time.
Our team of staff, along with our commercial cleaning contractors, oversee ION’s cleaning procedures which have been INCREASED to include:
- We have doubled the cleaning roster for both staff and external contractors – this combined effort will see the facility amenities and equipment cleaned 30 times per week for at least the next 60 days, we will then reassess our position based on information provided by NSW Health.
- The use of additional, more powerful commercial and medical grade cleaning solutions on all gym surfaces, showers, change rooms, toilets, floors and common areas. These will be predominantly alcohol based with a minimum alcohol percentage of 70% to ensure efficacy.
- Additional wiping down of all equipment surfaces after each session, as well as at the beginning and end of each day with alcohol based cleaning solutions and disposable cleaning wipes.
- The additional cleaning and wipe down of all high touch areas including door handles, bench tops and surfaces, seating and toilet cubicles multiple times each day.
- Significantly more personal hygiene items including alcohol based hand sanitiser at multiple points within ION and medical grade hand wash in the washroom soap dispensers.
- Each staff member will be carrying medical grade foaming hand sanitiser (70% alcohol) for everyone’s use before and after training sessions.
What can you do?
We ask that every member and visitor please:
- Use hand sanitiser upon arrival and when leaving our facility.
- Wipe down equipment that you use with the alcohol solution sprays and disposable wipes provided.
- Monitor your own health and in the case that you are feeling unwell, we respectfully ask that you please stay home and follow the most up to date government guidelines. Contact us if you would like additional support.
In some cases, employees are being asked to work from home and we realise that this is out of your control. However you can continue your training with the ‘ION Training At Home Program’.
Please play your part in a continued effort to limit the number of cases of COVID-19 and slow the spread of the virus by putting into practice these basic protective measures outlined by the World Health Organisation. Given the fluidity of the situation, we will monitor coronavirus updates and amend our practices as necessary.
Despite the mild hysteria and race for toilet rolls, as the World Health Organization states “every person has the capacity to contribute, to protect themselves, to protect others, whether in the home, the community, the healthcare system, the workplace or the transport system.”
It is not time to ring the bell!
The ION Team